This service is to replace the USB/Lightning detection IC, commonly known as the “U2 IC”.
This is a common part to fail with use of cheap wall chargers, car chargers, iPod docks, and other power sources.
The common symptoms for an iPhone 6/6+ Tristar IC issue are:
- Battery won’t charge once flat.
- Battery won’t charge past X percent.
- Accessory not supported messages.
- Rapid battery drain.
- Not charging/Not detected via USB.
- No power at all.
- Error 9 during restore.
- Low current draw/slow charging
- Device says charging but percentage goes down
- Device says charging when there is no cable inserted (Fake Charging)
- BSOD (Blue screen of death)
- RSOD (Red screen of death)
The IC will be replaced with a newer revision from the 6S/6S plus, 1610A3. This will decrease the chances of it failing again, but you should still discard of any non original chargers.